A quadruple 'lead like' oil primed Belgian linen on lightweight, archival Gatorfoam.
FEATURES of Artfix L64C:
- Sized twice with specially formulated sizing to completely seal the fabric
- 4 coats of 'lead-like' oil primer for the qualities of lead with no toxicity
- Unique absorbency paint can "bite" into surface for permanent adhesion
- Extraordinary depth of color and luminous undertones
- Fine, tight weave surface is versatile for both portraits and landscapes
Artfix Belgian linens are created for serious painters who insist on a superior surface and archival quality. For over 50 years, Artfix has been internationally recognized as the finest linen with a true conservator grade surface. All linens are meticulously hand primed in a small village in Provence, France by the Narozni family.
"The Artfix L64C quadruple oil primed linen is my surface of choice. The linen holds the integrity of the brushwork better than any surface I have tried in the past. As an artist, it is invaluable to have tools that help you achieve and maintain your original vision and intention as you work. The L64C does this for me.
Not only does it help maintain the freshness of thin washes, it holds thick paint remarkably well and it is a very sturdy surface for thicker palette knife work. I’m extremely pleased with the variety of effects I am able to achieve while painting on this linen. Great art begins with inspiration but it is created with quality materials like Raymar."