A triple acrylic primed canvas that creates similar effects to painting oil primed linen.
Whether you are a student developing your craft or an accomplished artist, 23SC is perfect for workshops as a less expensive alternative to linen. It's almost like painting on linen for half the price!
FEATURES of 23SC Smooth Cotton:
- Ultra smooth, medium weight canvas ideal for portraits and details
- Polyflax/cotton blend is substantially stronger than 100% cotton duck
- Minimal absorbency permits paint manipulation and translucent effects
- Triple acrylic primed with acid-free, 100% virgin acrylic titanium gesso
- For oil, water-based oil and acrylic
- 11.5 oz primed
"Raymar’s Smooth Cotton Canvas is a versatile light tooth surface with a semi-absorbent quality. This surface has a nice drag for scumbling yet is smooth enough to allow the texture of a transparent brushstroke to show undisturbed by the weave. With this surface I can create a wide variety of soft and hard edges and the acrylic primer keeps the oils paints from getting sucked into the panel, keeping the work looking bright and fresh."