A rough textured paper for loose, expressive watercolors.
Our new watercolor aluminum panel is crafted with the finest Fabriano Artistico traditional white, 140lb rough paper. This 100% cotton, mould-made watercolor paper is mounted to our ACM (aluminum composite material) panels with a brushed silver finish (2mm for small size, 3mm for larger sizes). The result is an ultimate rigid support than can handle large amounts of water while painting.
Fabriano has been famous for its fine art papers since 1264 and was the choice of Michelangelo. This exceptional Italian made paper is a natural warm white without any optical brighteners. The textured surface allows for loose, expressive painting and grainy, speckled effects. The surface is ideal for watercolor as well as tempera, gouache, pastel, acrylic, ink, charcoal, graphite & drawing.
FEATURES of F31R Watercolor Paper:
- 100% cotton, mould-made paper - acid and chlorine free
- durable surface handles lifting, dry brushing, layering, scrubbing and scraping
- handles heavy washes or soaking - will not warp or buckle
- internal & external synthetic sizing, no animal by-products
- no watermark to interfere with artwork or composition
- easily framed without glass if varnished