A double oil primed, medium weave linen with the perfect balance of tooth and texture.
FEATURES of Claessens C15DP:
- A medium texture, irregular weave linen suitable for all painting styles
- Sized twice with a synthetic adhesive for strength & protection from acidic oils
- Two coats of oil primer; zinc white bound with linseed oil, finished with titanium white
- 80 TPI and 14.7 oz primed
- Exclusively for oil paint
Claessens linen is world renowned for its fine quality linens. Claessens, a family business in Begium's flax district, prepares artist canvas in the style of the great Flemish and Dutch Masters. Their respect for tradition and high quality craftsmanship has made Claessens a household name in the art world since 1906.
"Raymar’s #15DP Claessens Belgian linen panel is my surface of choice. There is just the perfect balance of what I need for my particular paint application methods. It permits me to take full advantage of thinner, transparent darks, heavily applied, opaque lights, and a variety of paint thicknesses in between. The surface does much of the work for me. Because I paint a variety of subjects, laying down and layering these thicknesses in different combinations provides numerous possibilities and allows me to achieve countless desired effects. I regularly order panels in custom sizes and with various substrates not only for plein air, but also for larger studio work."