A single oil primed irregular weave linen for landscapes.
FEATURES of Claessens C15SP:
- A medium texture, irregular weave linen ideal for landscape painting
- Sized twice with a synthetic adhesive for strength & protection from acidic oils
- One coat of oil primer to allow more texture; zinc white bound with linseed oil finished, with titanium white
- 80 TPI and 13.12 oz primed
- Exclusively for oil paint
Claessens linen is world renowned for its fine quality linens. Claessens, a family business in Begium's flax district, prepares artist canvas in the style of the great Flemish and Dutch Masters. Their respect for tradition and high quality craftsmanship has made Claessens a household name in the art world since 1906.
"I have used Raymar Claessens #15 for over 15 years! I love the initial slippery feeling of the surface when I start a painting, then it gets tackier and accepts my thicker paint easily. I like the linen because it seems to have more light bounce off of the surface and back through the paint. My colors are truer on this surface. I even order custom sizes on my larger paintings so that I can keep that consistency in my work. Thank you Raymar for a great product and excellent customer service!"