A double oil primed linen perfect for portraits and details.
FEATURES of Claessens C13DP:
- A smooth textured, fine weave linen ideal for portraits and details
- Sized twice with a synthetic glue for strength & protection from acidic oils
- Two coats of oil primer; zinc white bound with linseed oil, finished with titanium white
- 117 TPI and 9.6 oz primed
- Exclusively for oil paint
Claessens linen is world renowned for its fine quality linens. Claessens, a family business in Begium's flax district, prepares artist canvas in the style of the great Flemish and Dutch Masters. Their respect for tradition and high quality craftsmanship has made Claessens a household name in the art world since 1906.
"I highly recommend Raymar’s Claessens #13 double oil primed linen. The reason I select this surface is my painting technique is a gradual build up of oil paint going from a thin application to a denser application. The oil paint is thinner in the mid to darker areas. As the value lightens the paint application thickens. It requires a surface with little tooth to grab the paint as it is brushed across the surface. The Claessens #13 is perfect for this type of paint application. The fact that the panel support comes in various materials makes it perfect for the plein air artist or the portrait artist on the move! The panel is well made and holds up well in different climate conditions. It is great!"