A revolutionary paper specially formulated for oil painting.
Due to its internal sizing, the paper needs no preparation. Additional layers of acrylic gesso or oil ground can be used to reduce tooth or brush drag. The powerful oil barrier evenly absorbs water, solvents and binders while pigments remain on the surface for fast drying time and excellent color rendering. The paper can be used with oils, acrylics, watercolor and drawing media. It's truly a versatile surface!
FEATURES of 58A Oil Paper:
- Ready to use with oils and oil pastels - no need to size, gesso or prime
- Strong, toothy surface withstands rubbing, scraping and supports heavy impasto layers
- Excellent color rendering and fast drying times ideal for travel
- Acid-free with no optical brightening agents for archival integrity
- Easily framed without glass if varnished
"The painting surface I start with is very important to the life of a painting before I even put paint to it. Raymar’s Oil Paper Panels are my “go to” painting substrate. The surface is completely unique with its irregular pebbled texture that mimics the appearance of skin. Most other surfaces have an inorganic, uniformly machined texture that I have to fight with to control a painting's texture. With the Raymar Oil Paper Panel there is no fight. I can create the tactile surface I need to represent my subject's true character. My figure paintings are more lifelike and luminous on this surface. For the past 6 years I have been using Raymar panels, they have always been solidly built and beautiful in their own right."