Artfix L84C is the Rolls Royce of Linens. An extra-fine, quadruple 'lead-like' oil primed Belgian linen that is ideal for detail work, portraits or your next commission when you need a flawless, smooth surface.
Artfix is made with the Finest Belgian linen, featuring the longest natural thread (fewer knots) for a strong, flawless surface. Linen's pH stability is far superior to cotton, whose vulnerability to external and internal acids compromises its permanence. Artfix is double sized for protection against oil paints, allowing uniform "breathing" which reduces paint film stress.
FEATURES of Artfix L84C:
- Sized twice with specially formulated sizing to completely seal the fabric
- 4 coats of 'lead-like' oil primer for the qualities of lead with no toxicity
- Unique absorbency paint can "bite" into surface for permanent adhesion
- Extraordinary depth of color and luminous undertones
- Finest handkerchief linen for a truly smooth surface ideal for detail work
Artfix Belgian linens are created for serious painters who insist on a superior surface and archival quality. For over 50 years, Artfix has been internationally recognized as the finest linen with a true conservator grade surface. All linens are meticulously hand primed in a small village in Provence, France by the Narozni family.
"Having used Artfix L84C exclusively for my commission portraits for nearly two years, I've found the surface far superior for my needs, and prefer it over other linens I've used in the past. Its fine weave allows me maximum versatility in that I can create extremely subtle color and value transitions and still allow for any impasto finish work. I love everything about this canvas, which feels silky to my touch. I even love the way it smells :)"